Use the form below to submit your application to be considered as a potential YOOF board member.
Youth Orchestras of Fresno mission and purpose:
MUSIC IS LIFE. LIVE BIG! START YOUNG.
We cultivate musical excellence and a spirit of cooperation in young musicians throughout California's Central Valley.
We are committed to the principles of access and excellence, and strive for comprehensive inclusiveness.
Board Member Responsibilities, Youth Orchestras of Fresno
Directors serve YOOF by giving of their time, advice, presence, and influence, whenever and wherever they can. A director’s membership on the YOOF Board is an active responsibility.
AS A YOOF BOARD MEMBER, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO
- Serve a renewable one-year term of office
- Attend all board meetings as possible, managing at least a minimum of 7 (out of 9) board meetings per year
- Attend all YOOF concerts and events
- Give an annual financial contribution that is personally meaningful (a gift large enough that you care how it is spent)
- Assist with development efforts by engaging with your own contacts in the community (corporations, foundations, individuals) and by participating in fundraising activities
- Be an enthusiastic volunteer
- Respond promptly to board-related emails that contain requests for action
- Represent YOOF to the community—serve as a YOOF ambassador
- Recruit YOOF friends of all kinds: audience members, orchestra members, donors, political allies—everyone is a potential Friend of YOOF
Still interested? Please complete the form below. Thank you! Our board's Nominating Committee will review applications and will notify you if your name will be included on the slate at the next annual meeting.